- 1 What is Voice Broadcasting?
- 2 How to Send Voice Broadcast Calls with CMS
- 3 Triggering Automated Voice Broadcasts
- 4 How is Voice Broadcasting Used?
- 5 What are the Benefits of Voice Broadcasting?
- 6 Is Voice Broadcasting Legal?
- 7 Start Your Voice Broadcasting Campaign Today
If you need to reach a lot of people on your contact list and don’t want to (or can’t afford to) spend time calling them individually, an automated outbound call service known as voice broadcasting might be the solution you need.
This post will explain voice broadcasting and how it works, including benefits and use cases.
What is Voice Broadcasting?
Voice broadcasting is a form of mass communication that simultaneously distributes voice messages or outbound calls to multiple phone numbers. This service is available as part of the CMS mass notification system and can target individual contacts or groups of people.
You will also hear voice broadcasting referred to as an outbound voice messaging system or automated calling system.
How to Send Voice Broadcast Calls with CMS
Sending automated voice broadcasts with the CMS mass notification system is a simple three-step process.
1.) Set up contacts
Simply upload an Excel spreadsheet or CSV file to create your contact list in seconds! If you don’t have a file, you can manually enter your contacts. Then you can send messages at any time.
2.) Create your recorded message
Next, you will record and upload your custom voice message or upload a script and have it converted using our text-to-speech option. You can also select from a voice message you have previously saved.
3.) Schedule or send your automated calls
The final step is to determine who should get your message and when. You can send voice broadcasts immediately or schedule them in advance.
Triggering Automated Voice Broadcasts
Another approach to voice broadcasting is to utilize automated broadcasting or A2P (Application-to-Person) messaging triggered by an application.
CMS offers fully customizable call center and IVR solutions that can integrate with our voice broadcasting system and many third-party software applications you already utilize. So, for example, say a company using our call-off hotline has an employee call in sick, an automated outbound call-out could be made to employees notifying them of an open shift.
How is Voice Broadcasting Used?
There are numerous voice broadcasting applications. Some common examples include:
- Disaster or emergency communication
- Employee call-outs/shift availability
- Distributing customer satisfaction surveys
- Appointment reminders
- Contact tracing
- Alerts (boiler alerts, outages)
- Promotions and Special Offers
- Sales Lead Follow-up
What are the Benefits of Voice Broadcasting?
Some of the top advantages of voice broadcasting include:
- Affordable: you can reach hundreds or even thousands of people for a relatively low cost.
- Flexible and Customizable: you can send voice broadcasts on-demand, schedule them in advance, or have them triggered automatically through an IVR, call center, or another application. You can send one message to everyone or send tailored messages to individuals or groups.
- Convenient: upload a message, record your own, or utilize a text-to-speech service to create your message.
Is Voice Broadcasting Legal?
Yes, voice broadcasting is legal, provided you only contact people who have permitted you to do so. Consent is the difference between legitimate (legal) voice broadcasting and spam robocalls. Spam robocalls are unsolicited.
While automated outbound calls generated by a voice broadcast system are technically robocalls, they generally aren’t what people are referring to when they think of a robocall, which has developed a negative connotation in recent years due to an influx of unwanted spam calls.
A robocall, by definition, is simply an automated phone call that delivers a pre-recorded message.
CMS and other reputable voice broadcasting providers will require that you only upload contacts you have permission to contact. Using our platform to send spam is forbidden.
Start Your Voice Broadcasting Campaign Today
CMS can help you with your voice broadcasting and mass messaging needs. To get started, view our plans and pricing or request a quote.